TI today released a new temperature sensor Boosterpack to showcase its new contact-less infrared sensor – TMP006. The TMP006 is the first in a series of temperature sensors that measure the temperature of an object without the need to make contact with the object. This sensor uses a thermopile to absorb the infrared energy emitted from the object being measured and uses the corresponding change in thermopile voltage to determine the object temperature. Infrared sensor voltage range is specified from –40°C to +125°C to enable use in a wide range of applications.
430BOOST-TMP006 BoosterPack Features:
- Based on the TMP006 Infrared MEMS temperature sensor from Texas Instruments
- TMP006 BoosterPack capable of connecting to 2x TMP006EVM circuit boards
- Includes 1x TMP006EVM circuit boards
- Ribbon type extension cable
- Software CDROM with GUI
- Download the TMP006 Booster Pack GUI, Firmware and MD5 Checksum